Wesley is a unique and diverse community where we think about and act on our faith, worship and study together, play and share meals, and discern how and where God is calling us in our majors, careers, relationships, and lives.
We hope YOU will come check us out in person as you arrive at UVA. We have special groups for first year students and a lot of ways to be involved here.
We also hope YOU will give us a try, even if you are returning to school in your 2nd, 3rd, or 4th years. The doors are always open and there is always a place for you here.
As the academic year kicks off again, here are a few things coming up that we especially want you to know about. Hope to see you soon!
- Open house and lunch on Saturday, August 23rd from 11am – 1pm. Free food!
- Tuesday, August 26th at 7pm: Interest meeting at the Wesley Foundation. Come for a quick (20 minutes) intro to Wesley and find out how you can be involved.
- Thursday, August 28th – free dinner! Our first Thursday night dinner of the semester, with opportunities to meet the student leaders and find out what’s happening this semester.
- Sunday, August 31st: Worship. 11am at Wesley Memorial UMC and 5pm at the Wesley Foundation. This is the first night of our 5pm worship for this semester. It’s informal (wear whatever you like) and includes a lot of student-led singing and prayer, along with a message from our campus minister and Communion every week.
- Sunday, August 31st at 4:30pm: Interest meeting at the Wesley Foundation. Come for a quick (20 minutes) intro to Wesley and find out how you can be involved.
- Sunday September 7th: More free food! Join us for a picnic on the church lawn after the 11am worship service. It’s a great time to meet both church and student members.
- Saturday, September 20th: Shalom Farms service project & day retreat. Come lend a hand as we help feed hungry people in the Richmond area.
- Family Weekend Dinner on Saturday, November 1st. This is a fundraiser for our Spring Break Service Trip. We’ll have a slide show featuring work we’ve done in the past, along with information about our upcoming trip. It’s also a great way to introduce your family to Wesley folks.