As fall semester begins, we hope you’ll make Wesley part of your life at UVA. Whether you are brand new and wondering how to fit everything you brought into such a tiny dorm or whether you have been on Grounds a few years and have decided that this is the semester to get involved, we are here for you. We don’t have sign-up deadlines or membership cut-offs. We simply have a great community of students ready to welcome you — whenever you stop in.
Here are a few kick-off and special events coming up in the first couple of weeks – hope to see you soon!
- Open House lunch from 11am-1pm on Saturday, August 25th. Meet our campus minister, check out the space, and hang out with cool students. Parents are welcome, too.
- Monday, August 26th – Look for our table at the UVA Activities Fair. We’ll be handing out some goodies and hoping to see you.
- Thursday, August 30th at 6pm – Kick-off Dinner (free!) at the Wesley Foundation. Check out our weekly meal and hear more about what will be happening this semester. Roommates and friends are welcome.
- Sunday, September 2nd – 11am worship at Wesley Memorial church (next door), followed by a Welcome Picnic with wonderful, homemade food.
- Sunday, September 2nd – Our 5pm Sunday Night Informal Worship begins today. Student-focused worship, Communion, great singing, prayer, and time out to re-center. Come in whatever you are comfortable wearing.
- Faces of Faith, our small groups especially for 1st year students, begin the week of September 3rd.
- Saturday, September 15th from 8am-2pm — Service project and day retreat at Shalom Farms (about 1 hour away). We’ll be harvesting food for area food banks, cleaning up fields for fall, and learning about food and faith.
- Friday, September 28th from 2-4pm – Volunteering at the Food Bank with an interfaith gathering of students from other groups on Grounds.