Congratulations on surviving your first few days of class! Now the fun really begins as we start to fall in to our regular routine both at school and on the Wesley block 🙂 Here’s what’s happening this week (New/Highlighted events are in bold/italics):
Special Announcement: Calling All Musicians! We are looking for a few musically inclined folks to help out at our Sunday night Informal Worship Services. If you’re available, show up at the Wesley Foundation dining room tonight at 5:30. If you can’t make it today but are still interested, contact Discipleship Team Captain, Melissa Holmes (mlh9j).
Sunday, August 30
- 11 am – Worship at Wesley Memorial
- 6 pm – Informal Worship Service at the Wesley Foundation, followed by dinner on the town
Monday, August 31
- 6 pm – Concessions Training at Scott Stadium for SCC members
- 8 pm – Faces of Faith (Group 1), a small group for first-year undergrads, led by Matt Hunt (mrh8h) and Becca Worley (rjw5x). We are offering two different sessions so that you may find one that best fits your schedule.
Tuesday, September 1
- Deborah Lewis (director) at Clergy Coffee with President Casteen and out of the office for sermon preparation
- 12:30 pm – Lunch at the Pav – Meet in Pavilion XI on the lower level of Newcomb for lunch and fellowship. Buy lunch there or bring your own.
Wednesday, September 2
- 2-4 pm – Deborah’s drop-in office hours
- 6 pm – Faces of Faith (Group 2), a small group for first-year undergrads, led by Paul Pletcher (pdp3c) and Jenny Burks (jlb7cn).
- 6:30 pm – Wesley Foundation Administrative Board Meeting
- 8 pm – Methodists with Muscles, led by Annie Bailey (amb9um) – Intramural sports and sports-focused faith based discussion!
Thursday, September 3
- 6 pm – FREE homemade dinner in the Foundation Dining Room
- 7 pm – Forum: Bible Cranium with Helen Ross and Becca Worley!
Friday, September 4
- Deborah’s Day Off
Saturday, September 5
- ~8 am – ~2 pm – Fall Service Retreat! Join us for a morning of mission as we head to Shalom Farms near Richmond for some farming! More information to come.
For those of you that haven’t found us yet, the Foundation is located at the corner of Emmet Street and Lewis Mountain Rd. (1908 Lewis Mtn. Rd.), across from Mem Gym and next to Alumni Hall. The building is open all day. Feel free to stop in! **Please note that our parking is limited. Parking is available after 5 pm on Lewis Mountain Road and within the Lewis Mtn. neighborhood. We also have a limited number of passes for the Wesley Mem lot for use on Thursday and Sunday nights.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Hope to see you soon!
Lauren Gilchrist (ltg6s)
Wesley Foundation Student President