New to UVA or to Wesley? Send us an email or provide your contact info here. We’d love to reach out and tell you more about Wesley and how you can be involved this year. (Parents, clergy, friends, alumni, and others: if you know someone headed to UVA please help us welcome them by making sure we know they are coming. You may use the links above for connecting us with students, too.) Welcome (back to) Wesley! Whether it’s your first year or fourth, it’s never too late to give Wesley a try. Here are a few things to look forward to as fall kicks off. Hope to see YOU at Wesley this fall!
- Friday 8/19 & Saturday 8/20 – Need help moving in to first year dorms? Send us a note to let us know where/when and we’ll try to have some friendly folks there to lend a hand and welcome you in person.
- Saturday 8/20 – Open House from 11am -1pm at Wesley. Drop in on your own or bring your family. We’ll have lunch and some great students on hand to answer questions, make introductions, and show you around.
- Sunday 8/21 – 11am worship at Wesley Memorial church (next door)
- Sunday 8/21 – Our Sunday Night Worship kicks off for the semester tonight at 5pm. We’ll be outside on the lawn of the church if the weather permits (in the dining room at the Wesley Foundation, if not). Dress is casual and all are welcome.
- Monday 8/22 – Look for the Wesley table at the UVA Activities Fair. Give-aways and more friendly folks on hand.
- Thursday 8/25 – 6pm – Our first Thursday night! Free, home cooked dinner and a conversation on Faith at College.
- Friday 8/26 – 8pm -Ice Cream Social. Come make your own extravagant concoction and meet new friends.
- Saturday 8/27 - Life-sized game night from 5-6:30pm (outside in the church parking lot if weather permits, inside the Wesley Foundation if not). Never been your own game piece before? Neither have we – come have fun with us for our first-ever life-sized game night.
- Sunday 8/28 – 11 am worship at Wesley Memorial church (next door) with a church welcome picnic at noon.
- Sunday 8/28 – 5pm Sunday Night Worship at the Wesley Foundation. Student-oriented and student-led, with a message from our campus minister.
- Friday-Saturday 9/9-9/10 – “24 hours of Paying Attention” Join us for Wesley’s fall spiritual retreat, a time for fun, prayer, a brief time away from school, and a focus on paying attention as spiritual practice.
- Saturday, 9/17 – 7:30am – Service Day: Loaves and Fishes food pantry re-stocking
This is a sampling of what’s in store for the fall semester. The best way to stay up on everything going on is to sign up for our weekly email (you can do it right here on the website – scroll down) and to like the Facebook page. Welcome to Wesley!